For a smile impact that is hard to miss, try cosmetic dentistry services like dental veneers or restorative dentistry procedures like dentures. General dentistry in Lumberton makes a more subtle difference – but it’s the key to your long-term oral health.
We offer general dental care that will:
- Help keep your teeth free of cavities
- Prevent small dental problems from becoming larger ones
- Improve your oral health, and also your overall health
- Lower your risk of gum disease
- Remove surface stains to keep your smile looking great
To schedule a dental exam or other general dental service, call us today at 409-217-5927. Two exams and cleanings a year are included as part of our in-house financing plan.
From Fluoride to Mouthguards, Protect Your Smile With Preventive Care
The best way to deal with dental problems is to keep them from occurring in the first place. That’s why it’s important to visit us twice a year for dental exams and cleanings. When we clean your teeth, we remove the plaque and bacteria that cause decay and gum disease. We use tools like our ultrasonic scaler and prophy jet to clean your teeth with less uncomfortable scraping.
If your teeth are sensitive or you’re worried about discomfort, we can use a topical numbing anesthetic. We also use digital X-rays to identify potential problems in their earliest stages, when they are easy and inexpensive to treat.
In addition to exams and cleanings, we can provide:
- Fluoride Treatments – Applications of fluoride strengthen your tooth enamel, so it can better withstand decay.
- Dental Sealants – These thin plastic coatings help keep bacteria from getting into the tiny grooves on the surfaces of your teeth, where it can cause cavities.
- Athletic Mouthguards – We’ll use digital scanning technology to take impressions of your teeth that can be used to create a custom-made mouthguard. The custom fit will protect your smile better than a store-bought mouthguard.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – We’ll provide you with a prescription mouthwash to fight dry mouth and its related symptoms like bad breath (halitosis). Since saliva is a natural cavity fighter, it will also help keep your teeth decay-free.
Eliminate Gum Disease With a Deep Cleaning Treatment
Gum disease is an even greater threat to teeth than decay. In fact, adults lose more teeth to gum disease than to cavities. If we detect it during your exam, we’ll treat you with a deep cleaning procedure that removes bacteria from above and below your gums. We’ll numb you with anesthesia, but you can also receive dental sedation to stay comfortable throughout your treatment.